As many modern businesses have discovered, content marketing can give you an edge that other forms of advertising can’t. It can help you get your story out to your target market, letting more people know what your product, service, or brand is all about. One of the fastest ways you can spread the word, attract new clients, and turn current clients into loyal life-long customers is to become their go-to resource for information about your niche and the role your business plays in shaping that niche.
Preliminary Questions to Consider
Here are several questions that can help you determine where to begin as you consider developing your content marketing plan.
- What do you stand for? What is your vision for your company?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the grand scheme through selling your product or service?
- What do you have to offer your customer or prospect, not only in the way of a product or service, but beyond?
- What differentiates you from your competition?
These critical preliminaries can help you develop content that prospects and customers will value. And once you’ve provided the content they want, you will have earned the right to share your marketing message with prospects who will be far more receptive to it.
Content Marketing: The Power of Story
Would you like to get the word out about your company? There are several types of compelling stories you can share that will help you connect with prospects and grow your brand:
- The story of your company: At first glance your story may seem unremarkable. You may take it for granted since you’re so familiar with it. Yet, if you’ll give a little thought to your business journey thus far, you’ll likely discover that the story of how you got your start holds some interesting, informative, and inspiring twists that will attract people and help them better relate to your brand.
- The story of your people: Sharing your employees’ stories can help humanize your brand. By getting their names, faces, experiences, accomplishments, and aspirations out in front of your customers, you give a human face to your company.
- The story of your brand: What makes your brand unique? How has your product line evolved? What philosophy underlies the products or services you offer? If you give people the rich background behind your brand and openly share your vision for it, they will respond by becoming both emotionally and financially invested in it.
- The story of your product or service: The background of how and why your product or service came to be can actually increase interest in that product or service by giving people a reason to care about it. This is particularly true if you have a compelling tale to tell about the vision that inspired you to develop your product or begin offering your service. But, it’s also important that you have a story to tell about your product or service as it relates to your customers’ current needs, desires, hopes, and aspirations for improving the quality of their lives.
As you use content marketing to tell these critical tales about your business, you’ll find that the responses they elicit will be well worth the effort. You’ll also enjoy the unique privilege of watching those very responses become part of the ongoing story of your company’s success.
For further help with the many interrelated issues that are involved in building your company’s success, check out the wide range of free and low-cost benefits we make available to BizAssure members.
By Jeanne Dininni